- The media abandoned all pretense of objectivity during the 2016 political campaign. (William McGurn, “Anti-Trumpers Channel Their Inner Donald”).
- Anti-Trump protestors are acting like hooligans, brownshirts, and anarchists, and refuse to accept the election results (McGurn).
- Drug approvals are being needlessly delayed at the FDA because of the agency’s insistence on the efficacy of long-term effects. (Op ed: “A Trumpian Cure for the FDA’s Chronic Lethargy”). This is a distortion rather than a lie: It is axiomatic that drug approval takes longer when the gold standard is establishing positive long-term effects,not short term safety and efficacy, but considering long-term effects is an ethical norm, so can’t be measured in terms of market efficiency. Ignoring long-term outcomes will only put the public at risk even as it boosts corporate profits.
- Without bold world leadership–a Pax Americana– the Putin-Iran axis will assume world domination (editorial: “The Syrian Charnel House”). Are we headed for a new Cold War?
- The Iran nuclear deal is nothing short of an outright disaster, and will do nothing to deter Iranian nuclear development. (editorial: Mike Pompeo’s Iran File).